On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope had the amazing opportunity to interview Miss Mary Cerbone, a Fulbright Scholar currently studying International Relations and Economics in Taipei, Taiwan. Mary says, “inspiration is something that makes you feel something in a way that makes you want to change how you view the world or how you do things.”
- As a talented and gifted artist, Mary draws inspiration from her artwork, especially when she captures the beauty of those who inspire her the most through portrait painting. Furthermore, her artwork is an inspiration to others, like myself!
- Mary, when describing her great friendship with Emily, explains her insight into how people come into one’s life unexpectedly and, in doing so, have a profound impact on one’s life.
- She talks about her passion for bridging the civ-mil divide as a scholar and U.S. Army Officer.
- Mary left us with the inspiring quote, “Fire tests gold.” This quote comes from Seneca, a Roman philosopher, who is known in translation to have said, “Fire tests gold and adversity tests the brave.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.