On this episode, I have the great joy of chatting with my friend and classmate, Nako Caternor. Nako is a shining light for Jesus Christ and uses her gift and calling to help others on every part of her journey. She defines inspiration as, “something or someone motivating you intrinsically to make a certain type of change.” Nako is most inspired by her mother (and so am I now!) who graduated in the inaugural class that allowed women at the Ghana Military Academy, and she is now a minister. Nako lives her life treating others with love and respect, especially because she doesn’t always know what others are going through.
- Nako appreciates walking alongside others to help them, just as team leaders supported her in her journey of passing West Point’s “Survival Swim” class
- Her advice to people who are struggling is, “don’t stay alone,” and she advocates for doing life with others and in a supportive community
- A long-term goal of Nako’s is to get a doctoral degree someday, and her daily goal is to help others
- She shares her two boundaries for helping people: (1) help people who are accepting of help and (2) help people who genuinely want to grow and not stay stagnant
- Nako left us with an inspiring song she sang with the Glee Club at West Point that also contains inspiring Bible verses, specifically Psalm 133, Chichester Psalms
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.