Disclaimer: The topic of suicide is discussed during this episode. The following resources are available to you 24/7 if listening to this podcast triggers any negative thoughts or emotions. The National Suicide Helpline is 800-273-8255; the crisis text line is can be reached at TALK to 741-741; and more resources can be found HERE. Please know that you are worthy, loved, and enough!
On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope had the opportunity to interview her dear friend, Ellen Dunlavey. Ellen says that “when you are inspired [and] doing something you don’t feel like it’s as hard… it’s not you who is pushing yourself to do it, but it feels easy like it’s not a burden.” Ellen is inspired by so many things, including her quiet time in the Bible and her family. Ellen is a wonderful friend, a true joy, and an humble servant of God.
- Ellen lives in our nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., which has 3 electoral college votes (Hope mistakenly said 1 in the show)
- She shares that she came to have a personal relationship with God during her time at American University and alongside her friend and mentor, Sarah
- Right now, Ellen is doing a plan to read the Bible chronologically in a year
- Ellen shared Romans 5:1-5 (ESV) with us which reads, “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.