On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope chats with her long-time friend, Allie Morgan! Allie is a breast cancer survivor and celebrating being cancer-free for a year and a half! Allie is also the author, A. J. Morgan, of The Sea Nymph. She defines inspiration as “being when something or someone changes your perspective to want to be better.” She is inspired by empowered women she reads about in her extensive collection of books and novels as well as her husband, Tyler.
- Allie and Hope are both dog owners, and some of the pups are featured on this episode at times
- Hope had the honor of being a bridesmaid in Allie’s wedding a few years back
- You can purchase a copy of Allie’s book, The Sea Nymph, HERE on Amazon!
- Allie describes writing through tough situations and finding inspiration and hope by putting her thoughts and ideas on paper
- Allie also shares her story of journeying through breast cancer and having faith in the Lord’s plan for her life
- She shared her prayer before her diagnosis: “God, I’m not going to pray for it not to be cancer. I’m just going to pray you help me through it.” This prayer helped her maintain faith in God’s plan for her life without leaving room for bitterness and resentment when she did receive her diagnosis
- Allie also shares her journey with fertility and trusting in the Lord’s plan for their family
- She is honest with the anger and confusion she felt after experiencing miscarriages as she also processed her grief
- Allie shares lyrics from Who You Say I Am that she heard at church and really touched her heart
- If you want to keep up with what Allie is reading, follow her Instagram @allie.j.morgan
- Allie’s favorite quote by Charles Dickens is, “Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.”
- Allie also shared the Bible verse Proverbs 16:9 with us
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3VpbnNwaXJlbWVwb2RjYXN0LmNvbS9jYXRlZ29yeS9zZWFzb24tMS1hLXllYXItb2YtaW5zcGlyaW5nLXdvbWVuL2ZlZWQv
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.
2 thoughts on “Episode 15: Treat Possibilities as Probabilities with Allie Johnson”