Content warning: Mild language is expressed in this episode.
On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope is able to share a joy-filled conversation with her friend and sister in Christ, Mary Delvaux. Mary shares that she views inspiration as something that is breathed into her by others and gives life to ideas that she had not known to be possible. Through the stories and perspectives she shares, Mary shines a beautiful light of grace and joy. Mary and her friend, Michaela Loomis, started their own podcast: Hearts Ablaze. Go check it out, it is awesome!
- As a former English major, Mary shared the etymology of the word “inspiration” with us – she said, “it has to do with breath and breathing life into something”
- Mary shares that she gets inspiration from trailblazers who show that impossible things are actually not impossible, like Shaye Haver and Kristen Griest, the first two women to graduate from the U.S. Army’s Ranger School
- She shares how she is inspired by people who instill trust and confidence, and she shared the quote, “people won’t remember what you said, they will rarely remember what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel”
- Mary shares the quote, “God doesn’t call us to be successful, He calls us to be faithful,” from Mother Teresa
- She talks about how she follows and is empowered by Little Lyss Fitness because “pretty doesn’t get sh!t done!”
- Mary shares the Catholic sacrament of marriage with us which is grounded in the 4 F’s, this means that marriage is intended by God to be free, full, faithful, and fruitful
- This led into a very open discussion about natural family planning (NFP) and the scientific and practical purposes of this method of birth control and how Mary and her husband decided to pursue this option together
- Mary shares her interest in intellectual honesty with us
- She shares a quote with us from St. Teresa of Ávila, “God allows us to experience humiliations commensurate with our need for them.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3VpbnNwaXJlbWVwb2RjYXN0LmNvbS9jYXRlZ29yeS9zZWFzb24tMS1hLXllYXItb2YtaW5zcGlyaW5nLXdvbWVuL2ZlZWQv
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.