On this episode, Hope had the joy of interviewing Felita Zhang. To Felita, inspiration is “being extremely motivated by the actions of someone [she] looks up to.” Felita lives her life empowering others and finding ways to make the world a better place through all she does. Between her work mentoring other women, building biological nanomaterials in the research lab, and fostering lasting friendships, Felita is truly a rockstar!
- Felita is, newly, a “firstie” (or senior) at the United States Military Academy at West Point
- She is also on the pre-med track at West Point and the leader of West Point’s Corbin Forum
- A fun fact about Felita is that she is an identical twin!
- She is originally from San Jose, California and went to middle school in Shenzhen, China
- Felita shares how her time in China sparked her passion for wanting to pursue service, specifically as a medical doctor, and pursuit of equity in healthcare around the world for all, especially women and people with unique abilities
- She describes how her twin sister inspires her through their unique and individual aspirations and passions
- Felita is also inspired by her parents and best friend, Mallory
- After med school, Felita hopes to specialize in women’s health with the goal of brining holistic, equitable healthcare to women and normalizing women’s health experiences
- Felita is working on research with biological nanomaterials in West Point’s Multi-Functional Materials Laboratory
- She shares how her discouraging and difficult experience with Cadet Basic Training has helped her become resilient and steadfast in empowering others today
- She has been involved with, and is now leading, West Point’s Corbin Forum
- A piece of advice that Felita has for other women is “to be extremely genuine when talking to others about what your goals are”
- Felita shares a story with us about 1 Peter 5:7, “Cast all your anxieties on Him because he cares for you.”
- She also shares her favorite quote from an unknown source, “Today matters for eternity.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3VpbnNwaXJlbWVwb2RjYXN0LmNvbS9jYXRlZ29yeS9zZWFzb24tMS1hLXllYXItb2YtaW5zcGlyaW5nLXdvbWVuL2ZlZWQv
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.