On this episode, I interview my dear friend Hannah Waite, whom I first met as a roommate at the Naval Academy Summer Seminar, a summer camp for rising seniors considering attending the Naval Academy. Although neither of us nor our third roommate and friend, Kristine, did not attend the Naval Academy, we are all thankful that it brought us lifelong friendship in one another! Hannah describes inspiration as an intrinsic thing within side each of us that is motivated by external things – people, places, things, experiences, everything that happens to us! She also shares that everything inspires her, either positively or negatively, to live her life to further bring joy to others and fulfill God’s plan for her life.
- Hannah is in school working towards achieving her Master’s in Speech Language Pathology at University of Southern Mississippi (USM)
- Hannah’s husband, Aaron, inspired her to take time when she is driving to intentionally talk out loud with God in prayer.
- She shares that she struggled with an eating disorder for about four years
- If your or someone you know struggles with an eating disorder, please seek professional help. You can find resources to get started HERE or call or text the National Eating Disorders Helpline at 800-931-2237.
- Her advice to anyone struggling with an eating disorder is to “tell somebody”
- One of Hannah’s life goals is to own a Chick-Fil-A (how awesome is that?!)
- Hannah’s favorite quote stuck with her after doing a flexed arm hang at a summer fair for the Marine Corps, “pain is just weakness leaving the body.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.