On this episode, I had the phenomenal joy of chatting with Mrs. Angela Oakley. To Mrs. Oakley, inspiration “is finding motivation on a regular basis.” The Oakley’s are known by West Point cadets for being very generous hosts, especially for “Carnivorous Christmas” and Easter lamb decorating! Mrs. Oakley shares about being a military spouse, bringing cadets into their home, and pursuing grace in every moment. It is my greatest honor to welcome Mrs. Oakley to the You Inspire Me Podcast.
- Mrs. Oakley says her favorite titles are “wife” and “mother” with “Army spouse” as a close contender
- At West Point, Mrs. Oakley likes to get inspiration by walking their two dogs down to Lee Gate – a common run route for cadets
- Mrs. Oakley is now working her dream job with the Association of Graduates (AOG) as a Major Gift Officer
- The Oakley’s had originally planned to do “5 and fly” – get out of the military at the end of the minimum service obligation – and here they are now, a career military family!
- To recharge, Mrs. Oakley puts on some hard rock music and goes on walks
- The Oakley’s have also taken on a personal calling to share their experiences and knowledge about debt-free living with others founded on Dave Ramsey’s principles
- Mrs. Oakley shares that she tries to find inspiration in someone, whether in her life or via a podcast or other platform, every single day to lift her up
- Her favorite Taylor Swift song is “22,” although Mrs. Oakley’s inspirational lady is Dolly Parton
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.