On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope interviews Mrs. Grace “Blackwell” Andrews on overcoming tribulations to find greater joy in new journeys. Grace defines as inspiration as “something impactful enough to change the way that you live or see the world.” Some of the most inspiring people in Grace’s life are her sister – who lives an empathetic life and is always willing to bear other’s burdens – and her husband, Tanner – who was the first person to show her Christ and walk with her on her faith journey.
- Grace talks about her history with scoliosis, a condition that results in spinal curvature.
- When confronted with loss of feeling in her arms and legs, she was asked, “Why are you doing this (playing soccer)?” This challenged her to explore her passions in other areas, leading her to become West Point’s Respect Captain and, now, a Field Artillery Officer.
- In talking about loneliness and isolation while living apart from her husband, Grace shares a message from Tanner that helps her rely on God in the toughest moments; he says, “No one will ever be there for you one hundred percent of the time except for Christ.”
- Grace leaves us with her favorite verse, Romans 5:3-4 (NIV) which reads, “Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.