Content Warning: The topic of miscarriage is discussed in this episode. If this is a difficult topic for you, please feel free to skip ahead at that point and practice self-care.
On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope shares a joyous conversation with Katie Walter. Katie defines inspiration as “the process through which we recognize something that we’re called or uniquely positioned to do.” Throughout this interview, Katie walks us through her personal story in the military, marriage, and motherhood. Her love and passion for all that she does is so evident! She inspires me to be the best Christian, wife, (future) mother, and soldier I can possible be. And, I know she will inspire you, too!
- https://armed-to-the-heart.myshopify.com/Katie graduated from West Point in 2019
- While at West Point, she studied Persian and did a study abroad in Tajikistan, competed on the Model United Nations Team, and was a finalist for the Rhodes, Mitchell, and Schwarzman Scholarships
- Katie is the wife to Andrew and mother to Aurora (a.k.a. “Rory”)
- She is an Armor Officer and should be leading a Scout Platoon at Fort Carson, Colorado in the coming months after maternity leave
- Katie shares how she is inspired by her husband, being a mother, and people who have inspired her military and fitness journey
- She shares how Megan Gephart of Armed to the Heart: Pregnancy and Post-Partum Coaching has inspired her to pursue her own P&PA coaching certification through Brianna Battles
- Shaina Coss is another person whose story inspires Katie, especially from their time on the West Point powerlifting team together
- Katie shares the verses 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 which reads, ““My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” …For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Katie leaves us with a quote from Jen Fulwiler who asks, “Who would you be without the enemy’s lies?”
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3VpbnNwaXJlbWVwb2RjYXN0LmNvbS9jYXRlZ29yeS9zZWFzb24tMS1hLXllYXItb2YtaW5zcGlyaW5nLXdvbWVuL2ZlZWQv
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.