On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, I chat with my friend and West Point classmate, Lili Ruland. Lili is someone who not only pursues her own dreams but also creates her own path with a smile as she does it! Although she shares how she has faced adversity on her journey, she describes how she always makes the most out of every opportunity she has. Lili defines inspiration as the “deeper sister to motivation,” and shares her analogy of stoking the fire to provide us with a visual for her inspiration.
- Her inspiration for serving and attending West Point dates back to when she was 12-years-old, and she has never stopped pursuing her dreams!
- Lili shares how she was continuously inspired by her teammates on the Women’s Army Rugby (WAR) teammate at West Point, and she even gives a shoutout to Ashley Wolfe from Episode 2
- She was a Defense Strategic Studies (DSS) major at West Point and also cross-commissioned into the U.S. Air Force to be a pilot
- Her advice to others is to just “jump in,” as she provides us with the vignette of jumping into a cold lake and the excitement, fear, and adventures new opportunities bring
- Lili shared her favorite inspiring quote with us which was, “Be relentless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” (unknown)
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.