On this episode of the You Inspire Me Podcast, Hope interviews her incredible friend, Jordan Kelley. Jordan is a Christian, wife, dog momma to Eli, and Army Engineer Officer. She defines inspiration as internal and external things that “encourages you to drive or reach and attain goals and aspirations.” Jordan shares how she is inspired by her mom, husband, and friend, Clara. Jordan also shares her open letter to the world where she addresses her identity, faith, and life pursuits. Her honesty and vulnerability is truly inspiring!
- Jordan shares how dual-military couples work to “compliment and compromise” with each other to attain both of their professional and personal goals (her husband, Taylor, is an Aviation Officer)
- Jordan shares her goal of becoming a FA52 Officer for the Army someday
- She also discusses her perspective and shares her emotional journey of being a biracial woman in America over this past year
- Jordan reflects on 2020 by saying, “for some people, it was not what they wanted and for others, it was not what they expected.”
- When attending a weekend art show, Jordan and her friend embraced the mantra, “art disturbs the comfortable and comforts the disturbed.”
- In processing the social unrest and working on her own identity as a woman and as a biracial woman in America, Jordan shares some of the thoughts she has been writing down – her “open letter to the world.” The music attached to this reading was produced by Dion Perinon and will be debuted (officially) soon!
- Jordan also shares how she feels most in her element on a run or when she is singing with her church choir
- She leaves us with the quote from the Sandra Bullock movie, Hope Floats… beginnings are scary, endings are sad, but it’s what in the middle that counts [the most].
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/you-inspire-me-podcast/id1543489925
Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly95b3VpbnNwaXJlbWVwb2RjYXN0LmNvbS9jYXRlZ29yeS9zZWFzb24tMS1hLXllYXItb2YtaW5zcGlyaW5nLXdvbWVuL2ZlZWQv
Connect with the You Inspire Me Podcast:
Sponsors for this Episode:
This is episode is sponsored by our Platinum Sponsors!
- AbbyKate Home. AbbyKate Home is a family owned business that loves sharing with you their latest home decor creations! I think Parker and I have at least 5 of her pillows (maybe 6?) and I have gifted more than I remember to friends and family! Check them out at their website, their Etsy store, Facebook, or Instagram (@pillows.by.abbykate) to see previous designs or start YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN TODAY!
- Lizabeth Rose Photography. Lizabeth Rose Photography is operated by Chriztine Campbell, wife, mother, and photographer serving Central Ohio and beyond. Chriztine says that her “goal and promise is to capture more than just the image, but to share your story through the art of photography. I am here to make your special moments come to life and last a lifetime.” You can check out Chriztine’s BEAUTIFUL work to see if she is the right fit for your next photo shoot, event, or special moment on her website, Facebook, and Instagram. Chriztine also partners in a specialty wedding photography business called At The Altar Photo, check out their Instagram!
- Vanilla and Spruce. Vanilla and Spruce, gifts and services is a one-stop shop for wellness coaching and inspirational keepsakes. Kate Graffeo, the creator of Vanilla and Spruce is passionate in helping individuals sustain wellness to embrace their identity, express themselves authentically, and live life to the fullest of their ability. Devoted to inspiring the best version of ourselves, Kate has designed handmade gifts in her shop with a goal toward safe, non-toxic ingredients and materials that create a comfortable atmosphere for our introverted parts as well. Are you feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or just curious to know what makes you individually unique? Explore her website, Facebook, and Instagram to see if you might be a good fit, or drop into the gift shop to pick out a gift for yourself or a friend.
*Disclaimer: the views and beliefs expressed in this podcast do not reflect the views or beliefs of the U.S. Army or U.S. government.